Annual Physical Exam & Pet Vaccination In Edmonton
Are you concerned about your pet’s health and wellness? If yes, take them to the local Edmonton vet for an annual physical examination. This will not only tell how healthy your dog or cat is but also provides an early diagnosis of diseases and infections.
At Summerside Vet Hospital in Edmonton, we are qualified veterinarians who ensure the overall health of your pet by conducting annual physical examinations. This helps prevent serious and common health problems related to growth and ageing.
The foremost responsibility of a pet owner is to provide the right treatment and care to their furry friend along with giving adequate food and shelter. No matter, your pet is healthy or doing ok, it’s important to get it examined by a vet at least once a year. An annual pet examination in Edmonton is vital to detect an array of health issues and becomes an essential proof of your his/her medical history during the times of distress, emergency or sudden illness. Our annual exam for physical wellness involves:
- Check for significant gain or loss in weight
- Evaluating your pet’s legs, joints and spine
- Checking the hair and fur coat
- Checking the abdomen for abnormal mass or pain
- Assessing the heartbeat, pulse rate and lung sounds
- Examining the eyes for cataract, glaucoma or inflammation
- Checking the ears for any signs of infection or ear mites
- Assessing nasal passages for signs of respiratory disease
- Checking teeth and mouth for periodontal disease
- Examining the lymph nodes to check for tumors
The veterinarians at Summerside Vet Hospital in Edmonton also recommend annual blood testing to check for organ disease or failure and fecal testing for intestinal parasites.
The Importance Of Vaccines:
When it comes to a healthy body, prevention and care is the key. Vaccination is an effective way of preventing infectious and deadly diseases that can ruin the health of your beloved pet. By getting them vaccinated yearly according to their age, you can keep the underlying illnesses away from them. Our team of veterinarians provide timely dog and puppy vaccination in Edmonton.
Vaccines stimulate or boost the body’s immune system to produce enough antibodies to fight against the harmful virus and bacteria. This response prepares your pet against future infections and promotes a good health.
Vaccination for Dogs & Puppies
- Distemper, Para Influenza, Hepatitis & Parvovirus
Vaccination for Cats & Kittens
- Feline Rhinotracheitis, calici-panleukopenia, chlamydia, psittaci
- Feline Leukemia.
Being your local vets, we are committed to deliver compassionate care and physical examination. We make your pet feel at home and give proper attention to their individual needs.
Call To Schedule An Annual Physical Exam!.