Our COVID-19 Protocol
Under the guidance of the Alberta Veterinary Association, Summerside Vet Hospital has implemented a number of protocols to keep you, our clients, and our small team of professionals, safe during your visit to our clinic.
- Our doors remain locked to the public but we are fully operational *An exemption to our closed-door policy will be made for euthanasia. A maximum of 2 family members may attend in-clinic with the possibility of more in attendance if the euthanasia is performed in the green space behind the clinic. (Weather dependent)
- On arrival, please call the clinic (780-466-4030) and our staff will arrange to collect your pet from the front door
- We ask that you wear a mask during any interactions with our staff including pick-up and drop-off
- Unless otherwise advised, please remain on the premises to be ready to collect your pet upon completion of their exam
- Following the examination, the veterinarian will contact you by phone and discuss your pet and answer any questions you may have
- We are not accepting any cash or debit transactions at this time, payment can be made by e-transfer, or by credit card over the phone
- Food and medication orders can be placed via email or phone; food and pet supplies can be placed online for home or in-clinic delivery
- Please postpone appointments if you have traveled in the previous 14 days, are feeling unwell, or possess any Covid-19 symptoms
- Abuse of any kind towards our staff will not be tolerated
- We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls. If you are unable to get through, please leave a message or email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience during these difficult times.