Five food items that you should never serve your dog
Is your dog like food items that you serve in your lunch or dinner? Did you know dogs are interested in a lot of human food? In order to make your dog happy, you also like to feed everything whatever your dog likes to eat. But some human food items are very dangerous for the health of your pet. Yes, there are various food items that you should never give your dog.
Here is a list of some food items. If you want to give a healthier and happier life to your dog, keep these food items away from your dog.
- Chocolate and cocoa: Chocolate contains toxic that called methylxanthines. It is not a good for your dog. Just one bite of chocolate or cocoa, especially dark chocolate can cause to diarrhea and vomiting. A large amount of this type food can cause heart diseases, seizures, and other diseases or even death. By mistake if your dog eats chocolate and cocoa, contact your veterinary as soon as possible.
- Raw eggs: There is no doubt that eggs are good for your dog’s health because eggs contain biotin which is responsible for the growth of dog’s hair. But excessive use of raw eggs can cause to various skin and hair problems. Fully cooked eggs are safe for your furry friend and also a wonderful source of protein. But a raw egg leads to vomiting, fever and enlarged nymph nodes.
- Caffeine: Most of the dogs like coffee to drink and many dog owners also give coffee to their dogs. They think it is good to allow their pet to finish the last sip of coffee. But they don’t know caffeine is not good for the health of their canine. Heart palpitations, rapid breathing, restlessness are some signs of caffeine poisoning in your lovely friend.
- Ice cream: Just like your kids, your furry friend also likes ice cream to eat. But it does not mean that you give him ice cream. As every pet owner knows that sugar is dangerous for the health of pets. So, it is not a good idea to give him or her a log of sugar in his or her food. You may have heard about the diabetes in dogs. This has happened due to excessive use of sugar.
- Alcohol: Yes, it is true that many pet owners like to serve alcohol to their pets, especially in a party. Beer, wine and other drinks can damage your dog’s liver and brain. It may also cause diarrhea, dehydration and disorientation. It can also lead to death.
It is good that you love your furry friend and you don’t like to make him or her sad. But you also don’t like to give food items that are dangerous for him or her. If you want to know more about your pet’s diet plan, you can make a call to the Summerside Vet Hospital. Our professional vets will assist you.